Lettering on Instagram!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

Now that we're in the midst of the Christmas season, here are my Thanksgiving pictures!

I was so excited to be back in the United States this year and to share this holiday with family again. Though,  truth be told, I did miss having everyone from Dan's unit packed into our tiny apartment with great food and great company. I guess that means we're always making the best of our situation and enjoying the holidays no matter what!

This year my mom and brother came down from Denver and my sister drove up from Phoenix with her family. It's the first time my siblings and I have been together in about 5 years! And of course, any excuse to get the cousins together is going to result in great fun.

Everyone arrived on Wednesday (except Kevin who had to work and joined us for the feast on Thursday), so we quickly started baking. Pies and salads the day before, rolls, turkey and sides on the big day.

Don't these rolls look amazing? They were.

Here are the cousins spending some quality electronic time together. Cade and Kyle or racing on the DS, while Drew and Alex are sharing an iPad.

On Thursday morning we all got a hankering for some carbonation, so Marcus did a drink run for us. Ahh... refreshing.

I had to get a lot of pictures of the cousins all together because it doesn't happen very often. Here they are eating lunch and then enjoying some Thanksgiving activities that Aunt Valerie put together.

And seeing how my sister and I are craft bloggers, we had to come up with a few crafty things to decorate our tables. 

And of course, don't forget the food! Everything was delicious and plentiful. We truly had a great Thanksgiving Day together.

Of course we did more than just eat, but that's for another post. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!

No comments:

Post a Comment