Lettering on Instagram!

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Summer approaches

Even without the kids going to school every day, you can kind of just get the feeling that summer is coming. Online assignments are coming to a close, items are being picked up from the school, and the weather is getting warm. High of 100 today! Not sure what we'll do in the San Antonio heat if we can't hit our regular swimming spots!

Health update: Since I last posted I still have not had 72 hours consecutively fever free, but the improvement to mark is that the other symptoms have subsided. I don't have all of my stamina back, but I am able to do much more around the house and have even started adding some exercise back into my day. I'm not able to do much for very long or very high intensity, but I'll get there. Tightness in my chest and aches and pains have gone away. The chills only visit me when my fever does. It's been so strange! So in past week I had fever Wednesday, Saturday and Monday. Today is day 47 of dealing with this!

Things around Texas are starting to feel a little more normal. Almost all businesses are able to reopen by next Monday the 25th in some capacity or another. It's been two weeks since restaurants and other places opened, and even though there's been one huge cluster of cases in Amarillo, San Antonio itself seems to have things well under control. It's still nerve-wracking to open back up, but so far things seem to be going okay virus-wise.

As a family we are finding ourselves bored and easily irritated. I'm sure we're not the only ones. We've been spending so much time in the house and doing things together that even the fun stuff isn't as fun anymore. We're gonna need to get creative this summer, that's for sure, or we'll all go crazy!

Here's the past week in pictures!

I took Cade driving! He needed a break from the house, and lots of parking lots are empty. Why not? He actually did a really good job.

The Thunderbirds did a flyover to thank the medical professionals for all they've done during COVID-19. That means we got to see them too! Unfortunately their first pass was beyond where we could see and the second pass happened sooner than expected so I didn't get my camera out in time. It was either snap a video and potentially miss it altogether, or watch with my own eyes. It was neat, and over in a jiffy.

Waiting for the Jets near our house

Home project! My piano bench needed recovering, and the hobby stores are open again, so I picked out some clearance fabric and got to work. I'm glad Dan helped though, or it would've taken me a lot longer!




Cade got some really good news this week. He auditioned for and made it into the top performing group as an incoming freshman! It was nice to see a big smile on his face, and I really look forward to him getting some good Texas Band experience in before we move. Now COVID, don't you ruin this for him! 

Trying to be creative and not just sit around every evening, we drove down to the Pearl (an outdoor market) and walked along the riverwalk in hopes to catch the bats underneath the Camden street bridge. It worked this time!
Loved this mam and her ducklings



Video of the bats

Carson finally got a hair cut!

Saturday the weather had cooled down a bit after some storms passed through, so Dan and I took a ride on the motorcycle out to Luckenbach. It's a fun little spot, I recommend all my Texan friends to go, especially when they're more open for music and dancing and shopping in their general store! :)




We packed a picnic lunch! 




That's one big tree!


There's a rooster on the premises that is sharing its lovely sound with everyone, all day long!


This coming week we mark the end of the school year and the beginning of our summer adventures. Here's to making memories and doing our best to stay sane and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment