Lettering on Instagram!

Friday, May 1, 2020

Health Update 5/1

Throughout this whole health issue my doctor mentioned that I should seek medical attention if my breathing got worse or my fever spiked. Well my fever has continued since my last post, and Thursday 4/30 my fever spiked so I decided to go into the base ER. Upon arrival my temp was 102! Given the fact that my doctor was presuming Covid and my symptoms match they had to screen me in a special Covid corner and they had a covid ward in the ER for treating patients.



They did an EKG, chest x-ray, urine sample, labs and a covid swab. I got an IV fluid bag while I waited for my results, which always is a nice boost to the body. Ready for the results? Negative for Covid, not a UTI, no elevated white blood cell count so no bacterial infection, but the chest x-ray indicated Bronchitis. Bronchitis! The treatment is Tylenol for the fever and rest and fluids, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad I went in and was able to rule out a lot of things. Since I've had this fever for a month now I was always worried we were just assuming it was Covid when something else might be going on. However, I've had bronchitis quite a few times in my life and it has never felt like this. I barely even have a cough! Just a tightness in my chest and fever which brings its own set of symptoms. I'll be following up with my doctor as well to see what he says about this development.

So, again we wait, and take lots of Tylenol!

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and texts and emails during this time, they help keep my spirits up. And thank you Mom for the beautiful flowers! They're something bright to look at and smell when I'm feeling down.


Since we don't go out much and the weather's been nice, we've been having fun in our small little backyard. The boys camped a few nights (which was like a date night for us!) and we did some s'mores and games!

Dan humored me and put up our white lights around our covered porch area



Goofy picture of Alex, but I caught a Cade smile!
The first night we did s'mores over our korean grill flame. Then dan wanted to try using the charcoal chimney and placing the coals on the dutch oven. It sure made for some good marshmallows, but it was a little ashy getting it started.


Isn't he the cutest? He needs a haircut (like the rest of us), but he's still so cute!
Alex continued his adventures in baking and made a Butterbeer Pie to conclude our Harry Potter movie marathon.


I also decided to try a sourdough starter and used an old family recipe. The first thing I made with the discarded starter was some sourdough biscuits, yum!



And look who I found on the couch at like 5pm one evening. Guess I'm not the only one who's tired of all this! :)  And who said he could be that tall?


I know I'm not alone in having up and down days during this quarantine time. So many of us have sacrificed so much in a lot of different ways. Today Texas opens up its restaurants, movie theaters, libraries, museums and malls to 25% capacity. A lot of people feel like it's too soon and I guess we just have to see if there's a large spike in cases over the next two weeks. You can bet I'll be staying home until this fever is gone and keeping myself away from this virus- don't need to be sick again!

No comments:

Post a Comment