Lettering on Instagram!

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Boys camping trip!

This summer we knew we wouldn't be traveling much and an opportunity for a summer theater accompanist position opened up so I took the job! It was a 6 week intensive experience that had it ups and downs. For the most part it kept me way more occupied than I thought it would. 

I was really more of a rehearsal accompanist and then during the performance they sang with tracks. I got to add 'sound engineer' to my resume as I controlled the tracks (down to every single little vamp and cue) and even ran some sound effects for the french narrator in the musical. I think it may have been a little harder playing the piano! Lots of brain power!

Melissa and I in the pit. No instruments, just computers and us!

I also neglected to mention that during my first week at work I hit a deer on the way home! I still don't have my car back! Thankfully I wasn't injured, the car was driveable to get home, and the car wasn't totaled. But it has really sucked being without my car and being down to 2 cars and a motorcycle, but 1 of the cars is Cade's PT cruiser that has sadly had a lot of problems and is NOT reliable!





After my mom and brother left, my hubby still had a little time to take of for summer block leave. Unlike Texas, you can camp almost anywhere in the PNW. The boys packed up and headed towards Mt. St. Helens and used that AWD vehicle to find a state road to explore and camp for the evening. I'm gonna let the pictures do most of the talking since I wasn't there. Really, they just drove, explored, cooked, slept, explored some more and headed back home. Hopefully the boys can have more quick adventures like this as we live here longer!


Mt. St. Helens is about 2 hours from us, depending on where you approach it from. There's obviously a lot of stories that the land around here tells. There are still faces of mountainsides that have no vegetation. There are lava tubes to explore and trails to hike.



Lots of waterfalls wherever we go!




Firewood for the evening

Not an adventure without Carson along for the ride!

So on a clear day you can see Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Hood while you're visiting Mt. St. Helens. They were able to see them all!




When it was getting later in the evening they drove to the end of a state road and camped at the top! They made pizza subs and s'mores :)


What a clear clear day. The reflection of Mt. St. Helens in the water is just stunning. And I love the driftwood as well.




Mt. Adams!

Now I just need to join in the next trip to Mt. St Helens so we can all cross it off our bucket list! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment