Lettering on Instagram!

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Flowers and Halloween

Just before we moved into our house, we took an outing to Point Defiance State Park. There really is a lot to explore there, but I think my favorite part was the Rose Garden. It had so much more than roses!

At the small Japanese garden


I joked with Alex that this was a Bullet Bill from Mario

Okay, so if I had blogged about these flowers sooner, I might have been more confident about their names. I think they were all different types of chrysanthemums? That seems right...  I loved how impressed the boys were with the different types!









And yes, there were lots of roses and they smelled amazing. I liked these two tone roses and some purple roses!


I hardly even recollect going out on a warm day any more. It's been very rainy, shocker I know! But even to the point where the news says it is 'unprecendented'. (Side note: is anyone else getting tired of just about everything being unprecedented?)  I was expecting a lot more drizzly rainy days, but it's been like all out deluges most of the time. I don't mind the gray so much, it reminds me of the winters in the midwest.

So this year for Halloween we were able to participate in a trunk or treat (in the pouring rain!) at church, and then spend time with the Bennetts on the actual holiday for chili, cornbread, hot apple cider and hanging out while the kids went trick or treating!

Alex went as Lucas from his favorite video game series Earthbound, or Mother 3.


Cade found a mask he really liked at Spirit Halloween and wore it in combination with his suit. For the trunk or treat he went without his mask and said he was a formal apology, and then on Sunday was a distinguished... alien?


We received our household goods shipment on the 29th so Dan and I didn't dress up or carve pumpkins this year. We were either too busy doing the last big section of painting before our stuff got here, or beginning to unpack the mess that arrived, lol.

Cade's pumpkin

Alex's pumpkin- look familiar? It's his costume character!

Our trunk for the trunk or treat- complete with a creepy guy to hand out the candy! (lol, Dan!)



Hope you had a happy Halloween! Now we're a week away from Thanksgiving!! Where is the time going?



No comments:

Post a Comment