Lettering on Instagram!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

And just like that, he's a deacon!

I'm having a little difficulty getting pictures onto the blog since I switched computers, but I'm close to a solution. I can't wait to share our cruise adventure with you, but first I wanted to share a special event that happened today in our family!

In our church, the year that the boys turn 12 they can receive the Aaronic Priesthood. This allows them to have special responsibilities and ways to serve in our church. It is a big deal and today was the day Alex was ordained a deacon in the church and received the priesthood.

We had originally planned to have my dad, Grandpa Bob, come in to ordain him, as it adds to this special time when a family member can ordain you. Sadly the winter weather in Chicago got his flight canceled and he was unable to come. Instead our Bishop stepped in and made it a special moment for Alex.

We are so proud of Alex for deciding to take on this responsibility and can't wait to watch him grow as he serves his fellow church members and the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment