Lettering on Instagram!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to School!!

I can't believe I'm already writing this! I am SO glad that we had a very busy and memorable summer. But I am equally as glad to send my kids off to school. It's just the honest truth.

See, Alex spent the last year at home with me all day. No Pre-K, no mommy taught preschool group, nothing. He started out as my sweet little Alex, but by the end of the school year and throughout the summer he transformed into some strange little creature with a hot head and a loud scream. So as if the sibling rivalry wasn't contentious enough, now Alex was ready to give it his all too. I like my silence...

School will be great for both of my children and their very active minds. In fact, last year we applied to Cheyenne Mountain Charter Academy, and I got a call about 2 weeks ago that Alex had moved up enough on the list to get a spot! This bumped Cade up on the 2nd grade list considerably, but still not enough to get a spot this year. However Cade will start out much higher on the list for next school year and will almost definitely make it in. This school is great and Alex has come home so happy everyday!

So here's some pictures of their first days of school!




Dan and I made this growth chart just before school started so I could measure just how much they grow this year. 

Wish us luck for the coming school year!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the growth chart. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that growth chart. More creative uses with your vinyl;) And by the way, it's Ruth commenting, not Joe. What the heck?

    ReplyDelete